Help with Boiler replacement or repairs

Help with replacing or repairing your boiler.

The Government’s Affordable Warmth Obligation Scheme means you might be able to get help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you either claim certain benefits and live in private housing (for example you own your home or rent from a private landlord) or live in social housing.

You may get help with the cost of replacing or repairing your boiler (if over 5 years old) - or other upgrades to your heating or insulation work, for example to your loft or cavity walls.

The government’s website contains details of the eligibility for claiming help from your energy supplier and there are also a number of private firms who can undertake the work.

For your information, if you receive one of the following benefits and live in private housing, you may meet the eligibility conditions.

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Guarantee Credit - you will not be eligible if you only claim Pension Savings Credit
  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
  • War Pensions Mobility Supplement
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Child Benefit

If you rent, you must have the owner’s permission to do the work.


Printer Printable Version
Page last updated: 10th June 2021 4:20 PM

This website is powered by Charity Edit
Website by Charity Edit